If you're still seeing the old layout, click here to load up the new one.

Ignore the crappy attempt at a french joke (redux, deux. retrois, trois. get it? sigh nevermind). <thought/>'s 3rd redesign is up baby! This version isn't the final yet, but I've been itching to post my new design for quite a bit now. Hmm... lesse.. first Mia redesigns, then Lystra and now me! I see a pattern here. Does my family redesign in phases?

I dub this stylesheet Clean, and as always you can choose which style you prefer to view the page in under Alternate Stylesheets, all the way down in the navigation bar. And what is it with the blue blogbar? It seems to be able to blend in with all of my stylesheets.

Tweaks I need to make on the design:

  • I need to tweak the whitespacing. Right now, clean seems to suffer from crowdedness of text. Text needs to be further apart to make reading it less of a pain.

  • More graphics. You can never have enough graphics in your webpage! I am trying for a minimalist approach to Clean, but it could use a little icon or two here and there.

  • Colo(u)r tweaks. I sorta like the not-quite-black main text color I'm using, but it does make the design look too soft. And I'm not quite happy with the hover color for the menu text.

I didn't make much changes to the underlying XHTML. Just a few new hooks for when I finally get around to enhancing the page with javascript, and to show the comment count in the archive pages. Oh, and just to show off a neat new thing I added to the stylesheet.

Look at the purty quotation mark! Isn't it pretty! I find myself using <blockquote> quite a bit so I thought it would be nice to spruce it's presentation up some

And ColorWhore is such a neat site. It's like a free color inspiration book! And some of the colours run in a series that inspires me. I can definitely see some colour schemes I want to use in future designs there.