Okay.. this isn't the actual post I had in mind for breaking the angst cycle on my blog, but uhmm.. NADD took over and made me lazy in writing it (if you're reading this Tom, "Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!").

First up, an interesting find from the Natural Selection Forums. If you're reading my blog, it's likely that you're a geek/nerd (take your pick) and if you're a nerd, you're likely to be a afflicted with Nerd Attention Deficiency Disorder. Some symptoms of NADD: insane amount of multi-tasking (tabbed programs, ie: firefox, just feeds this), control freakishness over computer setting (looks at Edison) and inability to focus BUT when you do get focused, you get insanely focused.

I can attest to the last symptom. I have so many project left unfinished cause of me losing interest in it, but the projects that I have managed to complete usually had me going at it for long periods of time with zeal and focus.

It's not all that bad though. For some jobs, like programming, having NADD can be a good thing. Another thing geeks may have is autism or, more likely, it's more milder form, Asperger's syndrome. Here's a good read on it over at Wired, and there's even an Autism Quotient Test you can take to see how Autistic you might be. It's not a defenitive diagnosis tool, but it's there for you. I think I scored around the upper side of the mid 20's when I took it the other time.

On a different note, a redeeming thing I find about the malls around my school, where I'm pretty much forced to hang out in, is that they have art galleries! I find myself spending time alone by myself in these malls, and the art galleries just make me happy.

Walking around the galleries, looking at the paintings, I find that it's an intensely personal activity. I can spend time gazing at a painting without being forced to move along 'cause the person I'm with is bored. I can spend time analyzing it, seeing how it affects me, what I like about it, how it makes me feel. Generally though, at least one art gallery would only have what I call "hang-em-ups", paintings that don't really evoke any feelings and are there just to decorate the house.

I've also come to the conclusion that if you're going to go to a coffee place, you have to bring along a good book OR good company. Sitting alone in a coffee place just drinking coffee is the lose. Also, Starbucks mochas in Shang taste really really plasticky and must be avoided at all cost. Go to Coffee Beanery, Mocha Blends or Figaros for your coffee fix instead (Figaros also smells especially delicious).

Oh, and weird/funny incident at school today. I was climbing the stairs behind these two girls on my way to class (at this point, I'm wondering if one of them would fall down cause she was wearing heels. Hey, I have weird thoughts) when I notice they're giggling and that one of them glanced back towards me. I'm weirded out but in my head I just go "okaaay" and just shrug it off.

So we head to the same floor and I was walking past them as they went into a classroom when one of them says to the other in a loud voice, "You want to know his name?" (in tagalog). In the classroom, you could hear the other girl protesting which amused me somewhat. Not really flattered, I'm not flattered easily, but it was funny in a way. As I walked away, the first girl called out to me and asked me to introduce myself to the other girl.

I kinda knew the one who called me cause, well, she's quite chio, not my type though. Just cause it's funny to make people slightly uncomfortable, I turned around, went into the classroom and poked my head in to say hi. I even went as far as to extending my hand for a handshake (they have something about handshakes here...) but it wasn't reciprocated. Walked away from that incident quite amused but with a slight ding to my ego as, while I was going away, I heard the girl saying something about "Not my type!" in a pretty loud voice. Not in a mean way though, but still.. mah ego!

Gotta wonder though.. is this karmaic payback for the Neil incident?

Countdown: 2 days to Half

P.S.: Marmite sucks.

P.P.S.: Peanut butter owns your face, especially the crunchy kind.