Dead of the Night Poetry

http://www.deviantart.com/view/10481339/

Originally wanted to post this on friendster to try to kick off the Dead of the Night Poetry Society, kind of like one of those pass em around posts, but you put poems you've written in the dead of the night instead. It ended up as just a poetry post.

The silence of my handphone is deafening.

Click on read more to read the poem. I am so gonna be messed up tomorrow, but writing this, it's worth the lost sleep. Oh yeah. I was struggling with the second stanza quite a bit, but Potential Problem's song, A Glimmer of Hope in the Darkness, helped the blockage. :)

Description on deviantArt

I cannot yet, admit my feelings
I cannot yet, give up my silence
I cannot yet, though I know I must

This poem is a lie. Fabrication of deciet. Or it may be my true feelings.

Love does not describe it
Yet I've stayed up through the night
To write this for you

Her silence is maddening
An echo that mocks me
Reverbrating between the nothingness
That it has carved within

In hope, I broke my silence
With her silence, she breaks my hope
Catch the glimmer of falling stars in midnight sky
All I can do in sudden darkness

Glorious the silent, falling scythe
That would rip, tear, eviscerate
My heart from this sliver of hope I grasp
Barbed though it be

But let my hands bleed as I clasp
Run forth those rose red rivulets
I care not. I tighten my fist
Never to let go of this silent, torturous bliss

0 comments: