I think I've gotten back into my graphics sort of mood. I've been playing around with creating logo's for random stuff. I find it a pretty good mix of left brain and right brain activity. I guess art usually isn't rational, or whatever, but logos are there to try to communicate something to the viewer in a clear manner. Nothing horribly obfuscated like feelings. Not that art with feelings is bad, but I guess I Have a difficult time expressing feelings. I like stuff straight and neat.

Anyway, going off track here. Logo creation, besides utilizing the left brain, keeps the right brain occupied too. Lots of area for creative expression, trying to make a logo that's visually appealing. Combine these two elements together and you get an image that sticks to your mind, while speaking to your mind. Rhyming intentional. If not rhyming then it's gotta be something at least.

This is the best logo I've come up with during my logo creation binge yesterday. Unscolicited, I've come up with a logo for "relax one corner", the name (uhh this info is for non-lp'ers hor, dun think I dunno you guys know liao) of the informal group of boulderers made up by my friends back in SG.

R1C

I've always loved activities that mixes creativity and logic. To me, people able to seamlessly move between these two are the epitome of clever. I guess unconciously, I've been trying to develop these two skills throughout my life.

In my younger days, I used to love playing with lego. Some of my early childhood memories was playing with lego bricks. In fact I would wake my parents up to the sound of me rummaging through my lego chest for that piece that's juuuuuust right. I like to think that lego's helped mold me into the kind of person I am, having a love of the combination of logic and creativity. I once read somewhere that a lot of programmers seem to have been influenced by lego in their lives. That lego and programming had quite a few things similar. Right now though, I seem to have outgrown my lego habit. I never touch my lego anymore. Kinda a shame really, I used to get such a rush building stuff out of legos.

The next step I want to take this left/right brain thing to is towards creating games really. Computer games to be exact. I feel it's one of the ultimate frontiers when it comes to combining logic and creativity. With computer games, you create the visual artwork and also create the code and rules of the game. Great stuff really. Although come to think of it, modern computer game development doesn't happen that way now. Now all the jobs are compartmentalized, the coders hack away at the code while dedicated artists work at making the game all purty.