We Get Signal. Main Screen Turn On.

I've been without internet since tuesday and it was kind of irritating not being able to go online. That along with the light in my room going on the fritz, it's been an unproductive week so far. Being without a 'net connection is really really irritating. It's really a part of our life now. Would really be scary if somehow, someone managed to take it down. We're so dependent on it right now.

Imagine if the internet went down sometime in the future, when the whole world so enmeshed in the internet that it going down would be a big blow to society. Come to think of it, we're already that way with electricity. Modern society is so dependent on it's machines. When you think about it, aren't we already in some way enslaved to the machines? We've built our way of life around them. In a way, we've tied our destiny to theirs. Now all we need to do is wait for the start of a Matrix-like scenario. :D

Anyway, the reason I didn't have internet the last few days was because the phone lines were down. We didn't have a dial tone and neither could anyone call up our house. Well, it turns out the reason for this is that down at the local telephone exchange, some equipment got stolen. When I heard this from my sister, I really burst out laughing. Beside the fact that I'm oh-so-easily-amused, I found it quite absurd. I've never really thought that such a thing could happen to me. Sure, I've read about traffic light control computers being stolen in some South American country but I truly never expected such a thing to happen. I was expecting some other sort of breakdown in the telephone exchange, but never such an unexpected thing.

When I tried dialing up just now and I heard the dial tone, my mind went "sweeeeeet". I really should punish the geek part of my brain though. It should have went "We get signal. Main screen turn on!". I am so lacking geek right now. You gotta admit though, wikipedia is one great encylclopedia for covering AYB.

And animax sucks so much now. They dubbed all their shows to english. I really really hate their guts right now. It just feels weird hearing a different voice from the ones you usually hear on the show. Kinda like Pierre Png taking over as Chu Beng, but worse. Also, I already hate the overly cute voices of some female characters in some animes but somehow, the english dubs can top the irritatingness of the original. Gah.

While I'm griping, I might as well vent my frustration at some of the local pop songs over here. It's so friggin annoying. Never mind those "Aiyoh aiyoh" thai girls (their name escapes me right now. Incidentally, I think an ang moh boyband actually covered that song. Weird) the girly groups here come out with even worse songs. Sometimes, I wish I had the power that mini-tru wielded so that I could earase some music from the face of the earth.

2 comments:
  1. sayaw kikay (x3)

    ok the spelling is probably way off, but who the hell cares...

    By Anonymous @ 8:13 PM

  2. I agree. The dub just killed Animax. First, they edit all the good stuff out ALL of their shows, severely injuring them. (Yes, even the critical scenes, such as the switch in Chii's vagina being activated in Chobits) Then they dub every single damn show they had into English using their Half-baked, half-assed, gaylord crew, obliterating the once great empire known as Animax. Seriously, if I saw one of those douchebags, I'd get the Lancer gun from Gears of War, and cut them to pieces using the chainsaw bayonet, then I'd attach explosives to each of their remaining body parts, and detonate them, blowing them out of the face of the Earth. YYAAARRGGHH!! DDIIIEEE YOU Animax ASSHOLES!!! >:(

    By Anonymous @ 9:32 AM