After church on Sunday, my family went to eat at a place that had Singaporean style food. I absolutely stuffed myself I tell you.

Though the food wasn't really that good, I guess it's enough to bring back memories. Singaporeans and food. There's a strong bond between them. I guess with nothing much to do in Singapore (uhm, it's a little red dot), food is something to focus their passion on.

Anyway, what I ordered for myself is roti prata with egg (uhm, well probably not roti prata, it had onions in it. I think) and nasi goreng. I can't say I really have much memories I associate with nasi goreng, but roti prata...

Back in Singapore, my friends and I would "ton" at Heng Boon's house and when it got really late or really early in the morning (take your pick), we'd walk down to a 24 hour coffee shop nearby and grab a bite of roti and talk cock, followed by night walks around the neighborhood.

Eating roti prata also holds a special meaning to me in that it was one of the last things I did with my friends back there. It was during Edison's birthday, late march (can't remember his birthday, I suck so much). We went down to a place that supposedly had the best prata's around. While we were sitting around, waiting for the food to come, we got to talking about how soon, our group was to part ways.

A whole bunch of us were scheduled to leave for National Service (compulsory military service), and I was going to leave Singapore in a week or so. There was sadness in our conversation, and maybe even desperation. Trying to cling on to our friendships as we move towards adulthood. Delon had the idea to create the #lovers^park blog, to help keep us together.

Afterwards, we hiked back to Edison's house as the bus services had all ended and also just for the heck of it :). It was a great little hike, much talking cock was had. We were walking around an army camp so there were long roads without much traffic and pretty quiet. It was well lighted though, which killed the thrill factor. An especially notable part of the hike was when Thomas and Edi talked about how dogs roamed the area we were waggling in and Thomas went to arm himself with a piece of metal pipe he picked up from a dump yard.

So we're walking along this road, without seeing another person for quite some time. Suddenly, we hear voices ahead, but we can't see them cause they're around a bend in the road. For some strange reason, we fear that they're a gang, seeing how deserted the road was. As we turn around the bend, we see a troop of boy scouts taking a hike along the road. Thomas quickly ditches the pipe.

Hmm... kind getting off track here. The rest of the hike will be another tale for another time.

Another food, or drink rather, that takes me back. Coffee. I wasn't really a big coffee drinker, but when we started holding LAN party's at eddies house, I somehow got hooked on it. I think it was on the same night as the hike, but I got pretty high on coffee one night, drinking three cans without really having a toilet break in between them. When I got home, my piss smelled like coffee. Hum, I guess not really something that ought to be shared on a blog, but meh!

Anyway, food. It's a way that we remember great times, and a way to share even more.