Found something interesting while I was self-googling. My blog is worth B$2,458.98. I feel so rich. Well, comparitively anyway. Most of the blogs I've linked to (Thomas, Regan, Words With a Payload, ) aren't worth as much as mine. Take in mind though that the valuation attached to my blog is just a concept and has no real fiscal worth, so I'm not really sure why I'm celebrating over this. The only blog that blogshare has connected me to which has a higher valuation than mine is Leon's blog, which is worth B$2,922.82, and that's without anyone even touching his stock.

If you haven't figured it out yet (huzzah for being condescending), BlogShares is a virtual stock market game with blogs as the commodity being traded. Though I never really got into it (and don't really understand it), virtual stock markets are a interesting things. There has been research that shows virtual stock market games have a predictive power. I heard about it a long time ago but I forgot all about it. It's a very interesting concept since it attaches value to something intangible. I suppose it reflects the status of a blog in the (gag) "blogosphere". The higher the readership of a blog, the higher it's value.

But right now, I'm more interested in it as a tool for evaluating blog connectivity. Blogshare seems to connect blogs to each other by looking at the links that are posted in the blogs. It then shows the links that go out of and into a blog. It seems to me that it could be a really hacky way of implementing trackback. An interesting thing I've found is this Gary LaPointe person who seems to have linked to my blog. I've actually come across him before in my self googling sessions when his site would appear in the results (not sure of the search terms), and I've always wondered why the heck he comes up. Now I know, he just linked up to my blog. Now, the question is why he did that and how he found me. I don't think he's in any of the communities I lurk in.

Hrmm, gotta wonder about the person who played around with my stock though. He bought stocks in my blog on the 1st of November and then sold it all by the 7th (my posts that time), but I don't think I wrote anything really that good to make my stock go up. I'm guessing he was just trying to pump up the price of my blog or something so he could make a small profit. So he probably didn't read my blog at all. Heh.

Ah well. Value of other people's blogs may go up or down now since Regan decided to use his economic eductaion powers for evil and play around with BlogShares. Other Virtual Stock Market games in which you could trade concepts.