My Christmas wish list:

  1. Halflife 2
  2. A new mouse. 2 button mouse'age is killing me.
  3. Clothes, cause I do need new clothes
  4. Plane ticket(s) to Singapore :(
  5. Oh, and a girlfriend. <angst />

I'll be getting broadband soon as the parental units have finally decided to sign up for broadband. W00t! Maybe I can consider that as a Christmas present, although broadband is really more of a necessity nowadays.

New experience for this post: you know how in supermarkets they'd have these little stall things that let people sample product for the express purpose of enticing them to buy, buy ,buy. Ever had alcohol sampling? Seeing as how we had a lot of time to kill before Chubby and friend turned up, me and Lystra decided to walk around the supermarket in boredom. In the "Spirits & Liquor" section, there were two of these stalls set up. One encouraging you to buy Gilbey's gin and the other hawking Baileys. Needless to say, we tried both. Baileys is quite a good drink. File this under "things you'll never experience in Singapore" I suppose.

The past week I didn't attend school becasue I was under the impression that they were having some sort of sports fest which I was loathe to participate in, hence the school skipping. Turns out though, that the sports week was moved forward. My only remark about this is SNAFU. Situation Normal. All F***ed Up. I never really participated much in sports days even back in Singapore. I developed the habit of skipping sports days from primary school, when my mom just dismissed sports days as a waste of time and let us (me and my sister) stay home. It's habit forming skipping school events :) The only one I ever really attended was my Sec. 5 sports day which was meh.

The result of not going to school for a week though, is the development of absurd sleeping patterns. As much fun as waking up at 1-2 in the afternoon can be, the reprecussions when school comes back can be bad. Especially when the day you resume school starts at 8 in the morning. Heck, it's currently 4:47 am as I type this out and I probably have to go to school at 7. Can you say w00t? Meh so so so fecked up tomorrow.

Self reflection. You know how people say, "if you can imagine it, you can do it"? I don't know about it. In my mind I can imagine myself being not mute in real life conversations. However, when it comes down to real life conversations, my brain seems to disengage and people are left talking to a slackjawed mute. I need to do something about my quietness in real life really. Sometimes I feel as if I'm two different persons online and offline.

On the music front, found another band to feed my addiction to emo music. Arco. The vocals just sound so forlorn and longing, accompanied by subtle instrumentals. Go download em if you like emo music. I've listened to all five of those songs about three times now. Three times and counting :)

The Parental Silliness Clause. When one or both of the parental units commit an act of silliness, you are allowed to keep the change from the food that you've bought for them.