I collapsed onto my bed, my mind weary but adrenaline rushing. It's 7 am and I'm recovering from a session of wormage. I look out of my window and realize I haven't really watched clouds in over a year. Cloud watching. To some it may seem like time wasted but I never really thought of it that way. I would spend irunno, half an hour or so just lying on the couch in my living room looking out of the window and gazing at the sublime beauty of the clouds and the sky.

Since my youth (which is slipping through my fingers btw, two days left till I turn the big two-oh), I've been fascinated by clouds. I vividly recall car rides where all I did is stare out of the windscreen as I let my imagination run wild. I would visualize myself running in those clouds thinking that they looked solid and big enough to support my weight. That they would be like fluffy snow. Or I would see whole castles, turrets and windows and all in the shadows of the clouds. They're amazing and I always consider them as one of Gods greater works, being remade almost everyday.

As I watched the blue sky and the clouds piled high, an airliner lazily streaks by. For a while it seems to challenge the clouds dominion of the sky. Mans challenge to God. Who can put into the sky greater, vaster constructs. Which is more amazing an artificial being shaped by man from metal and breathed to life with his ingenuity? Or tiny crystals of ice compelled to come together to form majestic sculptures, suspended in the sky for all to see.

Sadly, we as humans are marring the sky. I can recall the flight into Philippines. All the black smoke that darkened the sky as we came in for the landing. It's depressing. Its like throwing paint on the Mona Lisa.


A thought: an existence decided by groupthink. If no one acknowledges your existence, do you exist? I act weird when I get attention. A classmate says hi in the canteen and I look behind me to see if she was saying hi to someone else. I think I don't exist.

Unasked and unexpected, someone is haunting me again.