Most people that know me would know that I my favourite music genre is rock. Rock is great. I guess listening to rock music allows me to put aside my conservative side and, for a few precious minutes, go nuts. I love it.

I don't think people know my other taste of music though.

Recently, I found 3hive, a pretty cool music blog. Eclectic mix, but it's a nice way of finding stuff you won't usually hear on the radio. Not that I really listened to radio much recently anyway. The stuff on Singapore radio is pretty much crap really.

Speaking of Singapore radio, I really lamented the loss of Passion 99.5. Probably never heard of it (hence it's demise), but it was this oasis in the Singapore radio waves for me. It played classical (not really a big fan), alcapella (it's great what people can do with their voices alone) and, most importantly for me, it played 2 hours of jazz music every night. I really really really love jazz, music. I would call it my solace, but more on that later.

Right, so 3hive. One of the categories they file music under is slowcore. That's pretty new to me, but hey, I'll try it. So I go and download stuff by Craig Gurwich and man... I'm now hooked. The melancholy mood, the haunting vocals. Almost a country music mood to his guitar, but I guess it's fitting, what with country being somewhat melancholy itself. 'tis great stuff. If other slowcore songs sounds as good as this, I think it'll join rock, along with jazz, as my favourite genres.

I've already mentioned that I love jazz music. I don't really have any particular favourites which is why passion 99.5 was one of my favourite stations. It would serve me up some jazz loving and I won't really have to know much about jazz musicians. All I have to know is that I love it and I want more.

Again, 3hive to the rescue! It's brought my attention to some fabulous Jazz music so far. Noise for Pretend. The singer. Oh man. Smooth, husky vocals, sweet and effortless.

Someone buy me their CD's :(

Another great jazz track introduced to me through 3hive. Smokey and Miho's Blue Glasses. All I can say is get. It. Now. Slow samba music, the trumpets and Miho Hatori's vocals do me in.